Monday, July 13, 2009

First Week Finished!

Well, after a few minor setbacks (ex. arguing and temper tantrums) week one is done! Technically it's been done for a few days, as we are already into week two. Our schedule was actually pretty nice compared to other years. There has not been a lot of stress associated with school this year! Previously I had a "public school mentality" as I like to call it. I was so rigid trying to get everything done that I forgot the most important part. School should be fun! HUH? Did I just say that! LOL Needless to say, my kids are liking this year much better.

Our schedule really worked this last week! I get up with my husband, and I take care of my housework. Then, I start breakfast, get the kiddies up, and have them take care of their chores while it's cooking (ex. clean up bedrooms, which is all they really have on weekdays, except the normal picking up after themselves). After breakfast, I have them take care of themselves (brushing hair, teeth, etc.). This is what last weeks school schedule looked like (hope it helps some!):

Monday: Bible lesson and memory verse. Spelling: write words 3x. 1 Saxon Math lesson. 1 Easy Grammar Lesson. Island Story Ch. 62: 1/2, Bio of Leonardo Da Vinci: 1 chapter. Story Book of Science: Ch 1. Story of Inventions: Ch 1, 2 sub chapters. 1 Poem by William Blake. 1 Spanish Lesson.

Tuesday: Bible lesson and memory verse. Spelling: Quiz, write missed words 3x. 1 Saxon Math lesson. 1 Easy Grammar Lesson. Island Story Ch. 62: 2nd 1/2, Bio of Leonardo Da Vinci: 1 chapter. Story Book of Science: Ch. 2. Story of Inventions: Ch 1, 2 sub chapters. 1 Poem by William Blake. 1 Spanish Lesson.

Wednesday: Bible lesson and memory verse. Spelling: Quiz, write missed words 3x. 1 Saxon Math lesson. 1 Easy Grammar Lesson. Children's History of the World: Ch 63, 1/2. Geography: Marco Polo "snippet". Story of Inventions: Ch 1, 2 sub chapters. Science Lab In a Supermarket: pg 15 &16. 1 William Blake Poem. Literature: Heroes Pt. 1, The Princess and the Goblin, Ch 1. 1 Spanish Lesson.

Thursday: Bible lesson and memory verse. Spelling: Quiz, write missed words 5x. 1 Saxon Math lesson. 1 Easy Grammar Lesson. Children's History of the World: Ch 63, 2nd 1/2. Story of Inventions: Ch 1, 2 sub chapters. Literature: The Princess and the Goblin, Ch 2. Tall Tale: Paul Bunyan (one note: I have never heard my son laugh so hard at a story before! He REALLY enjoyed this!). 1 Spanish lesson.

Friday: Bible lesson and memory verse. Spelling: Test, write missed words 10x. 1 Saxon Math lesson. 1 Easy Grammar Lesson. Pilgrims Progress. Story of Inventions: Ch. 1, finish to pg 10. Literature: The Princess and the Goblin, Ch 3. Art Study: Sandro Botticelli. 1 Spanish lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment