Friday, May 21, 2010

Homeschool Day Book

I found the perfect little record keeping program! It's called "Homeschool Day Book", and it has to be one of the easiest record keeping programs I have found, trust me, I've tried a lot. It is very simple to set up. I used their automated set up and just typed in my children's names, then I typed in my own set of classes (there was an option to use what is pre-installed, but I use different ones), and that was pretty much it. It keeps track of attendance, hours/minutes spent on a subject, and what you do for each subject. You can also print out reports to place in your portfolio's or whenever the need arises! It also offers the option to change the theme of the program between flat system, flat blue, gloss blue, gloss sliver, gloss dark, and gloss dark (purple).

All in all, this is a very easy to use, light program. It doesn't offer a ton of options that could be easily intimidating to some. It's nice, simple, and to the point. I see this being most beneficial to people who don't want or need a lot of bells and whistles. It offers a great approach of unschoolers! I also think this would be an extremely beneficial program for unschoolers in Missouri, since we have to track our hours instead of days.

They are offering a free trial of the complete program too! This way you can download it, and give it a whirl before you commit to buy! How great is that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment