Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome!

Well, after being a homeschooling parent for the last 4 years, I have decided to start my own blog. I'm not really sure how often I will update this, but my hopes are that I can share all my wonderful finds with everyone! It has taken SO long to find these, I thought maybe I could spare someone else the long hours of internet searching. Ok, lets be real, it's good to find awesome links, but we all know you're STILL going to be up until 3 am looking for the best! I know I would ;-)

This year we are doing school a bit different. I have decided to take a break (started on May 19th) and start back up again on July 6th. I'm doing it this way because we're going to start Ambleside Y3 this year. I wanted to give myself ample time to get all the books together and printed out. Plus I wanted to research it a bit more to make sure it was right for us. I have actually looked at it a lot over the last couple of years, but was really unsure. I had a case of what I like to refer to as "public school mentality". I was so worried that if I let go of all the workbooks and textbooks that my children would not learn anything. But, after reading all the reviews, faq's, and some of the books themselves, I have decided to dive on in! This undoubtedly made my husband's day as I have decided to purge all the workbooks and textbooks (with exception to about 15)! We now have a dining room again. I thought my husband was going to pass out when he first saw it! Of course, now in place of the many bookcases I have maps, charts, and pictures! But hey, THERE IS FLOOR SPACE!!!

Anywho! I hope to get most of the links up for Year 3, along with yahoo group links, before too long. I'm actually kind of excited about getting everything up and going!

No comments:

Post a Comment